Lessons for all instruments are offered in slots of 1 hour or 30 minutes in Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, via Skype and other online platforms, or at your home (if required) with a small additional charge to cover time and travel costs.
DBS cleared and insured – certificate available on request.
One hour – £30
Half hour – £20
Discounts for multi-instrument or extended lessons available. Although all lessons are strictly by appointment only we offer weekend, evening and daytime slots to suit your schedule – please contact email@example.com or contact us here to discuss your requirements.
The violin/ fiddle is one of the most popular instruments for playing traditional folk music. It is lightweight, portable, and with a wide range of quality instruments easily available. Lessons with Becky will help get you off to the right start in your fiddle playing aiming to get you started on your first tune within a month of getting going.
Lessons are offered at the following stages of fiddle playing:
- Complete Beginner
Beginners lessons focus on establishing the basics of good fiddle technique:-
- Posture and hand positioning.
- Basic scales, finger position and tuning.
- Basic bowing techniques.
- Your first tune.
- Introduction to Ornamentation – the basics.
- Traditional tune types and styles.
This will help you make quick progress and establish a solid basis when you move ahead to Intermediate/Improvers and Advanced levels:–
- Increasing Repertoire (more tunes!)
- Tips and tricks.
- More complex ornamentation types (‘rolls’, ‘crans’, triplets and more!)
- Developing your style.
- Playing with others and in sessions.
- How to ‘practise’ and improve your playing.
- Preparing for performance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or here for further details and to arrange your lesson