The Northumbrian Smallpipes (NSP) are unique amongst British bagpipes having a closed chanter which gives rise to its characteristic staccato sound. NSP come in a variety of
Lessons are offered at the following stages of piping:-
- Complete Beginner
Beginners lessons focus on establishing the basics of good piping technique:-
- Essential Bag and Bellows technique.
- Basic fingering and scales.
- Drones and tuning.
- Posture and hand positioning.
- Dealing with squeaks and leaks!
- Your first tune.
This will help you make quick progress and establish a solid basis when you move ahead to Intermediate/Improvers and Advanced levels:–
- Increasing Repertoire (more tunes!)
- Tips and tricks.
- Developing your style.
- Pipe fettling! How to keep your pipes in good playing condition.
- How to ‘practise’ and improve your playing.
- Preparing for performance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to arrange your lesson