The Northumbrian Smallpipes (NSP) are unique amongst British bagpipes having a closed chanter which gives rise to its characteristic staccato sound. NSP come in a variety of
Lessons are offered at the following stages of piping:-
- Complete Beginner
Beginners lessons focus on establishing the basics of good piping technique:-
- Essential Bag and Bellows technique.
- Basic fingering and scales.
- Drones and tuning.
- Posture and hand positioning.
- Dealing with squeaks and leaks!
- Your first tune.
This will help you make quick progress and establish a solid basis when you move ahead to Intermediate/Improvers and Advanced levels:–
- Increasing Repertoire (more tunes!)
- Tips and tricks.
- Developing your style.
- Pipe fettling! How to keep your pipes in good playing condition.
- How to ‘practise’ and improve your playing.
- Preparing for performance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to arrange your lesson
I have an old set of Northumbrian pipes and would like to be. Able to play them. Can you help online? I have attempted to learn them previously but it is so difficult without guidance.
Hi Mo, thanks for getting in touch, i’ve emailed you re learning the pipes. All the best, Becky